I was checking out some domain names over at GoDaddy.com when I noticed an ad inviting me to visit Bob Parson’s blog.
I didn’t know who Bob Parson was but I got curious and eventually discovered that he is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of the domain registrar.
“So,” I said to myself. “He’s the guy who owns GoDaddy.”
I looked around his blog, www.BobParsons.me and found it very interesting. Although viewer discretion is advised, specially when watching his videos, I’d say that overall, it’s a pretty helpful site with lots of good content.
Moreover, I was able to learn a little about his life story, his humble beginnings and how he was able to build his business empire from scratch.
He claims that he is a serial entrepreneur and over the years, has successfully built several online companies that now forms The Go Daddy Group, Inc.
One of the best reads I’ve found in Bob Parson’s blog is his “16 Rules For Success in Business and Life in General” which I’m partly sharing with you below.
16 Rules For Success in Business and Life in General
- Get and stay out of your comfort zone.
- Never give up.
- When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think.
- With regard to whatever worries you, not only accept the worst thing that could happen, but make it a point to quantify what the worst thing could be.
- Focus on what you want to have happen.
- Take things a day at a time.
- Always be moving forward.
- Be quick to decide.
- Measure everything of significance.
- Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
- Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing.
- Never let anybody push you around.
- Never expect life to be fair.
- Solve your own problems.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- There’s always a reason to smile.
My favorites among them would have to be number 1: “Get and stay out of your comfort zone.”; number 7: “Always be moving forward”; and number 13: “Never expect life to be fair.”
These had the most impact for me for they best sum up how I’ve tried to live my life for the past few years.
If you want to read how Bob Parson briefly explains each of these 16 rules, you can visit this page.
How about you? Which of the rules above is most significant for you? Kindly share them below as a comment.
SELECT AN ARTICLE TO READ NEXT BELOW: