Do you have a lot of used books and textbooks at home?
If you’re not planning to read them again or nobody you know might be interested to use them, then perhaps you could just sell them and make some extra income.
Not only is this a good way to declutter your space, but it will also give other people a chance to save money.
So if you’re ready to let go of some of your favorite novels, self-help books and old college textbooks, then here are some tips on how you can make money out of them.
Before you sell your books online:
- Take an inventory of all your books and school textbooks. Separate the ones which you will be sellling, and make sure those are really yours and not borrowed.
- Sort out the ones which you think have good market value. We’ll call this “prime books” and often times, they are those which:
- are still in very good condition, almost new
- have become rare and is considered a collectible
- are hard to find or often out of stock in bookstores but have a strong demand
Where to sell your prime books:
Prime books are best sold in online classified ads and auction sites. I suggest you follow my tips on a couple of previous articles I wrote to help you sell these books online:
- A Beginner’s Guide To Selling In Online Classified Ads and Auction Sites
- How To Make Money From Collectibles – books can do become one
Where to sell old books and used textbooks online:
I did a bit of research and here are some websites where you can sell them.
- Amazon – recommended
- Barnes & Noble – recommended
- CKY Books
- eCampus – recommended
- Powell’s Books
Please note that Amazon is just a market place and you’re not actually selling your book to them, unlike the other websites indicated. However, it seems that Amazon offers the best deal for your books as I tried to sell my Harry Potter 6 book and got the highest quote from them.
Furthermore, most of these websites will pay you through Paypal, so better have an account before you start. It’s free to sign up anyway.
Of course there are other options you can do like swapping your books or selling them in local bookstores and thrift shops. You can also be more generous and just donate them to libraries, schools, and other charities.
SELECT AN ARTICLE TO READ NEXT BELOW:
Tags: barnes and noble sell books, books, Income Opps, sell back your books, sell books on amazon, sell books online, sell reading books for cash, selling used books on amazon, textbooks, where can i sell my books