Updated: March 7, 2008
Do you have useless junk accumulating at home or in your office? When are you planning to get rid of them? I suggest that you do it now and convert your trash to cash by joining the Recycling Market events at SM Supermalls.
The Waste Market Day happens every first Saturday of the month, from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the open parking in every SM Supermall. (Update: It’s now every first Friday and Saturday of the month) You can just come and bring all your trash and junk and exchange them for useful items and cash. This event is sponsored by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and the SM Group of Companies, in partnership with the Philippine Business for the Environment
What can you trade or sell at the waste market?
Items you can trade:
- Scrap paper and cardboard – for bathroom tissue, table napkins, bond paper and notebooks.
- Empty ink and toner cartridge – for quality remanufactured ones
- Plastic bottles and plastic scraps – for plastic household items like hangers, basins and pails
- Used lead batteries (from cars, UPS and voltage regulators) – for car check-up coupons
Items you can sell:
- Used PET bottles (containers of softdrinks and mineral water bottles)
- Aluminum and tin cans
- Junk electrical appliance, specially computer monitors
Items you can just drop off:
- Junk cellphones and cellphone batteries
This project is in support of Republic Act 9003 or the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000. The act calls for “practical applications of environmentally sound techniques of waste minimization such as segregation, recycling, resource recovery, re-use and composting.”
For more information, you may contact the administration of the SM Supermall nearest you.
There will be more smart money making tips when you subscribe to Ready To Be Rich
Read about My SM Trash To Cash experience and learn how much you can possibly earn from the recycling market.