Updated: June 23, 2020
If you’re on Twitter, then you’ve probably encountered tweets that begin with the phrase, “That awkward moment…”
This meme actually dates as far back as 2009, but is interestingly still popular today.
For those unfamiliar with it, “That awkward moment” is a preface that people use when they want to share stories about uncomfortable social experiences.
While most of those status updates are meant to be funny, I have read some tweets that also carry hints of sarcasm and annoyance… which will really make you wonder about life’s little ironies.
What exactly am I talking about? Well, check out these these 10 awkward “money moments” which I’ve seen people share on my Twitter timeline and you’ll understand what I mean.
Ten Awkward “Money Moments”
1. That awkward moment when you discover that a friend who owes you money is in Boracay having a vacation.
2. That awkward moment when you accompany a friend to a Feng Shui store so she can buy an expensive money charm, and then her credit card purchase transaction gets denied.
3. That awkward moment when your friend is borrowing money from you to fix his car. Dude, if you can’t maintain a car, sell it.
4. That awkward moment when an officemate asks you to talk to a credit card debt collector on the phone, to lie about him not being there.
5. That awkward moment when someone you’re barely friends with, is trying to borrow money from you.
6. That awkward moment when a friend invites you for coffee, and he suddenly gives a network marketing presentation there. Tell your true intentions next time, you’ll have more luck getting my interest.
7. That awkward moment when a friend confides to you that she married her husband, simply because he’s rich.
8. That awkward moment when you have to wait for the bank officer to read their own brochure, so she can understand and explain their product to you.
9. That awkward moment when a friend who owns a very expensive smartphone, asks if you could send him prepaid load credits.
10. That awkward moment when your friend shares that she’s finding it hard to save money, while sipping a Starbucks Frappuccino.
Bonus: That awkward moment when you realize that you’re that person whom one of these status updates above is referring to.
What about you, can you share any awkward money moments that you or someone you know have experienced? Do share them below.
Get more articles like this by subscribing to Ready To Be Rich.