Updated: February 16, 2014
If you think about it, managing your finances isn’t complicated because the things you need to do are often just simple tasks.
What actually makes them difficult to accomplish is our mindset and resistance to break and change our bad financial habits.
Today, Marie shares with us eight tips on how we can take charge and control our financial future.
Let’s read her article contribution below and then give your thoughts in the comments section below.
Unlike Fortune 500 companies, you don’t need a personal accountant or finance supervisor to help you manage your finances. You can very well manage your money on your own with these simple tips:
1. Start with a budget. Making a budget plan helps you to prioritize what you spend your money on.
2. Spend wisely. Instead of buying high-end soaps, perfumes, shampoos, why not buy cheaper brands with more or less the same quality?
3. Spend less than what you earn. Cut back on expenses that you don’t need. Like, instead of always eating out, why not cook dinner at home? Do you really need a new phone?
4. Always get the best deals. If you can, ask for discounts and complimentary services. If you need to make a big purchase, look for direct suppliers or cheaper offers online. If you need to avail a car loan, choose a plan with lower rates.
5. Pay off your debt. If you need instant money because of a personal emergency and decided to avail a loan like a salary loan or personal loan, be sure to pay it off as soon as you can.
6. Open a savings account. It is important to open a bank account where you can save your money. Borrowing money may help you when you need instant cash, but it helps you have your own savings as your emergency fund.
7. Stop using credit cards. Although credit cards are not entirely evil, you might end up spending money that you have yet to hold in your hands. By buying with cash, you can control and track your expenses.
8. Learn to invest. The number rule used by businessmen is to always save and invest your savings to help you earn extra income.
Learn these tips by heart and you can manage your finances even with your eyes closed! After all, what your financial future will be is entirely up to you.
This is a guest post by Marie Lacerte, a marketing strategist and the chief writer of LoanSolutions.ph, a Philippine based company that provides fast and easy access to credit in different financial needs.
Photo credit: www.LendingMemo.com