Updated: December 21, 2021
Before the year ends, and if you’re someone who likes making New Year’s Resolutions, then you should know that the best time to start making and doing them is now.
Why? Because you have time to test your strategy, and it helps build momentum – so that when the clock strikes twelve on New Year’s Eve, you’ll be off to a strong start.
Most people will choose losing weight and saving more money as their personal goals for the coming year. But may I also suggest these 10 New Year’s Resolutions that I’m sure can help you live a better and happier new year?
1. Stop worrying about things that you cannot control. Instead, learn to adapt.
Instead of wasting time hoping that it won’t rain, just bring an umbrella and stop thinking about the weather.
2. Learn about perseverance. Find a challenge and see it all the way through.
Train yourself to finish a 10-kilometer run. Write a 50,000-word novel.
3. Boost your self-esteem. Set small, attainable weekly goals.
Don’t buy anything for a week. Wake up before your alarm clock goes off for seven consecutive days.
4. Stop taking life too seriously.
Learn a new joke to tell your friends. Share a funny video on Facebook.
5. Eat healthier food.
Find better alternatives to your favorite junk food and stock them up at home. Learn how to cook nutritious meals.
6. Create a body clock and start sleeping better.
Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends.
7. Go on a social media diet. Stop using your phone when you’re with friends.
Spend less time on Facebook and Twitter, and more time talking to people in real life.
8. Go out of your comfort zone more often.
Travel to a place you’ve never been to. Speak in public. See a foreign movie.
9. Be more generous in giving compliments.
Learn to say “Thank you”, “Good job” and “You’re awesome!”
10. Find a cause to believe in and put your heart into it.
Be an environmentalist. Promote social equality. Be an advocate for financial literacy.