I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas vacation. It’s now 2009 and I hope that everyone is ready for more learning.
Anyway, if I may share a personal observation, I notice that lot of people resign from their jobs during the first quarter of the year. Maybe because you have extra money after receiving your Christmas bonus and 13th month pay and job opportunities are coming up because it’s college and university graduation season.
I remember that I tendered my resignation letter from my very last corporate job several years ago during this time too.
Anyhow, for this monthly installment of exposition and trade fair schedules, I’m featuring three job fairs happening towards the end of the month. Do check them out and see if you’ll be interested. Of course there’s also the usual business and livelihood training courses from TRC and Negoskwela just in case you’re planning to start your own business this year.
As always, these events will happen in Metro Manila, but you are encouraged to contact the sponsors and organizers to check if they have local partners in your province. Furthermore, the details of the following events were checked for accuracy during the time of posting. So please contact the respective offices to confirm the schedules before planning your dates. Thank you.
7th Metro Job Fair
The 7th Metro Job Fair will happen on January 22 to 24 at the SM Megamall in Mandaluyong. This event is a great venue to discover job openings and build business networks. If you’re hunting for a new job, then be prepared with your resume and look your best. Exhibitors will include employer’s from various companies such as placement agencies, call centers, training institutes and others. There will also be management consultants and VISA consultants available during the event.
Manila Overseas Career & Livelihood Fair
Manila Overseas Career & Livelihood Fair will showcase current and future overseas work opportunities as well as institutions that provide vocational training and technical education. Expected exhibitors include overseas recruitment agencies, English proficiency, language & training schools, immigration & consultancy firms, placement agencies and many more. Visit the Tutuban Mall Exhibit hall on January 29 and 30 and be a part of this event.
Manila Nursing Expo
Happening on the same date and venue as the Manila Overseas Career & Livelihood Fair will be the Manila Nursing Expo. This is the largest free conference and exposition dedicated to primary care nurses across the Philippines. Exhibitor profile includes companies and businesses from various fields such as Review Centers, Consultancy & Immigration, Nursing Gadgets & Supplies, Training Centers, Medical and IELTS Training Schools.
Contact The Organizer:
The 7th Metro Job Fair, Manila Overseas Career & Livelihood Fair and the Manila Nursing Expo is being organized by:
5/F, The Reliance Center No. 99, E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Brgy., Pasig, Philippines
Tel: (02) 6722870 / Fax: (02) 6722890
Technology Resource Center (TRC) January 2009
Some of the available courses this month from TRC include:
- Operating a Laundry Shop Business – lectures on plant layout and design, production flow, customer service and information on the textile care industry. Will include training on operating a small laundry washing machine, pressing, laundry washroom chemistry, marketing strategies including pricing, promotion and business site selection.
- Event Planning, Marketing and Management – learn basic knowledge on event planning and management for wedding, parties, local trade exhibits, meetings, consumer events (tiangges & bazaars), seminars and conventions. Lectures also include conferences conceptualization and topical development, profitability and traffic analysis and event management.
- Accounting and Record Keeping for Small Businesses – learn all about bookkeeping, reporting and analysis of transaction results. Highly recommended for small business operators and owners.
- Silkscreen Printing – lectures include computer and digital art preparation, photographic stencil making, finishing – curing and drying, pressing techniques. There will also be a hands-on training for t-shirt, ceramics, decals, glass and metal printing.
- Catering Business Operation – learn about table setting, equipment, menu planning and preparation, costing and pricing. Lecture includes hands-on exercises on table skirting and napkin folding techniques.
Complete details and more business courses are available at the TRC website.
Negoskwela Seminars January 2009
Business and livelihood seminars for this month in Negoskwela are:
- Basic Dressmaking
- Thai Massage
- Chicken Layer Production w/ Field Trip
- Flavored & Fortified Juice Making
- Basic Mandarin Language Training
- Bag Making
- Hair Cutting for Men & Women
- Catsup & Toyo Making
- Tilapia Hatchery & Nursery
To get the complete list of the business courses available for January 2009, please contact Negoskwela at telephone numbers 4330621 to 37, 4974163 and 9245111.
To get more information on other institutions that offer business trainings and livelihood seminars, please visit this business directory
To receive more information on business, livelihood and personal finance, please fill-up the form below: