Updated: September 22, 2014
October 2008 is filled with a lot of events and opportunities that can help you start your own business. Here are some of the expositions, trade fairs and business seminars that are happening this month that you might find interesting.
These events will be held in Metro Manila, but you may contact the organizers and sponsors to inquire if they will bring the event in your province or locality.
The details posted below were checked for accuracy at the time of posting. However, it is encouraged that you confirm with the respective offices for any updates and changes in the schedule and venue. Furthermore, please be informed that this website is not connected to any of these events. Kindly get in touch with the organizers if you have any questions. Thank you.
Fil-Negosyo Expo 2008
This exposition will be held at the Megatrade Halls 2 and 3 at the SM Megamall on October 14 – 19, 2008. They will feature franchising companies, marketing companies, multi-level marketing companies, dealers & distributors, fashion products & producers, service businesses, recycling companies, IT companies and many more.
Highlights of the event include the Young Entrepreneurs’ Congress, business coaching & mentoring sessions, free seminars & trainings from different organizations, product presentations, giveaways and product samplings.
This is the longest-running business and entrepreneurship event in the country. For more inquiries, you may contact Ex-Link Management & Marketing Services Corp at 643-3887 and 643-7760.
Manila F.A.M.E. International
Dubbed as the Asia’s Best Design Destination, Manila F.A.M.E. (Furnishings and Apparel Market Exchange) International is the second longest running trade event on houseware, furnishings, gift items, holiday décor, and fashion accessories in the Asia-Pacific Region. This month, it will be held at the SMX Convention Center on October 16 – 19, 2008.
This bi-annual trade show is organized by the Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM), the export promotions arm of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). For more information and inquiries about this event, please visit the Manila F.A.M.E. International website.
Grand Kapamilya Negosyo Fair (GKNF)
The Grand Kaparnilya Negosyo Fair (GKNF) is a public service project of ABS-CBN which aims to gather small, medium, and micro entrepreneurs as well as people with entrepreneurial aspirations under one roof. This event will serve as a fertile ground for marketing products to a captive market composed of retail buyers and potential business partners. Start a business, find a business partner and expand your network, join the Grand Kapamilya Negosyo Fair.
GKNF will be held on November 15 – 16, 2008 at the World Trade Center in Gil Puyat Extension corner Diosdado Macapagal Blvd., Pasay City. But registration for booth exhibitors is from September 17 to October 24, 2008. For more information, please visit the official GKNF website.
Technology Resource Center (TRC) October 2008
These are some of the available courses this month from TRC.
- Aromatic and Decorative Candle Making – lectures on types of waxes, formulation, art of blending of essential oils and uses, melting method, proper wick fixing, techniques in forming/moulding candles, design techniques and much more.
- Hair Trimming, Perming, Dyeing and Make-up Techniques – lectures on structures, divisions, forms, characteristics and styles of hair; purposes of make-up, facial balance and applications. Includes hands-on training.
- Franchising a Business – learn more about franchising specifically restaurants, fastfood chains, stores, non-food industries, auto products and services. With lectures on responsibilities and step-by-step procedures in the application and maintenance of a franchise.
- Basic Culinary Principles and Techniques – this course will teach you the basic principles of cooking, materials used in cooking, substituting ingredients, cost-effective menu preparations and others.
- Chinese Dimsum Making – learn the principles of Chinese cooking, utensils and equipment, functions of ingredients, etiquette of Chinese dining, costing. Includes hands-on training on making wonton soup, siomai, almond jelly, quekiam, siopao, cuapao, pork dumplings and others.
- Catfish Culture – learn the state of the industry, proper site selection, hatchery or nursery operation and management, grow-out culture mixturing, various types of culture systems, nutrition, cost and return analysis.
- Duck Raising – lecture includes industry prospects, breeds and breeding, nutrition, cultural practices and management, cost and return analysis.
Complete details and additional courses are available at the TRC website.
Negoskwela October 2008
Some of the business and livelihood courses that Negoskwela will offer this month are:
- Basic Commercial Breadmaking and Bakery Management
- Spread & Jam Making
- Siopao & Other Dimsim Making
- Bag Making & Sewing
- Polyyester Resin & Rubber mold Making
- Starting & Franchising a Food Cart Business
- Rice in a Box Business
- Thai Massage
- Silkscreen Printing
- Fruit Juice & Concentrates Manufacturing
For more information other institutions that offer business trainings and livelihood seminars, please visit this page
To receive more information on business, livelihood and personal finance, please fill-up the form below: