Updated: November 28, 2020
Many of us, if not all, wants to make money while sleeping – to earn passive income. And if you’ve tried finding this kind of opportunity before, then I’m sure you know how hard it is to earn a significant amount “while you sleep.”
However, I’ve discovered that it is not the same for saving money. I learned that there are many things you can do to save some extra cash while you are literally in slumber.
And thus I present to you, some easy and practical tips on how you can save money while you’re in bed.
Saving Money On Electricity
- Sleep with all the lights turned off, and get over your fear of sleeping in the dark. And this goes for the rest of the house. If you must, perhaps for security purposes (like your front porch lights), then use LED bulbs.
- Before going to bed, do a quick inspection around the house to see if some lights or appliances are still on, or unnecessarily plugged in an outlet.
- Use the timer in your appliances. This means using the sleep function of your TV or stereo system if you watch television or listen to music before sleeping.
- This also includes setting your air conditioner to turn off an hour or more before the time you plan to wake up. Consider not using the air conditioner at all if the night is cool anyway. An electric fan is also a cheaper alternative to using an AC.
- Read more tips like this here: Quick Ways To Save On Electricity
Save Money Through Conservation
- Check your faucets before you go to sleep. A drop of water per second will waste approximately a liter of water per hour.
- Put your leftover dinner inside the refrigerator so they won’t spoil. Some food actually tastes better when you reheat them the next day for your breakfast or lunch.
- Wear your sleeping clothes (i.e., pajamas) for more than one night before you wash them. Great if you can go for a week, but not longer than that because it’s no longer hygienic.
Save Money With Time and Health
- Sleep on time if you have an early appointment. It’s really a drag to rush in the morning and you have no choice but to take a cab so you won’t be late for work.
- Make sure that you always get enough sleep. Not only is it healthy, but it will help you stay alert and focused the next day so you can be productive and not waste time (and money) making and correcting costly mistakes.
- Are you sacrificing your sleeping time to do your tasks? Here are Quick Ways to Have More Free Time In Your Life.
I hope that these simple and practical tips can help you save more money which you can eventually use to invest and make money while sleeping.
How about you? Do you have anything which you can add to the list? Do share them below as a comment.