Updated: October 19, 2020
Listen to Episode 41:
Shopback is Asia-Pacific’s number 1 pre-shopping destination. Get a portion of your money back when you shop online. Download the FREE app today at bit.ly/thankyoushopback
Episode 41 Chapters:
- 01:08: The Benefits of Retail Therapy
- 05:15: Retail Therapy Tip #1
- 06:01: Retail Therapy Tip #2
- 06:58: Retail Therapy Tip #3
- 08:34: Retail Therapy Tip #4
- 10:17: Retail Therapy Tip #5
- 10:58: Retail Therapy Tip #6
- 13:00: No Need To Feel Guilty
Excerpts and Highlights:
Studies have shown that shopping can produce positive effects in a person’s mood. The psychological rewards of retail therapy can vary, but it is generally beneficial.
Studies have shown that retail therapy is more about the experience and less about the actual purchase.
- Atalay and Meloy (2011). Retail therapy: A strategic effort to improve mood
- Rick, Scott etal (2014). The Benefits of Retail Therapy: Making Purchase Decisions Reduces Residual Sadness
Ask me a question for the podcast: Send a voice message here.