Updated: December 9, 2021
Listen to Episode 36:
Invest and trade global markets: Sign up for eToro here and check out Copytrader, which allows you to copy other successful traders on eToro and automate your investing or trading.
Are you a podcaster? Use 80PERCENT as referral code when you sign up for Podmetrics here and receive a FREE gift from me, an eBook on how to make money from podcasting.
Episode 36 Chapters:
- 00:53: Market Sentiment Analysis
- 01:53: The Stock Market and the Pandemic
- 02:48: Pop Culture and The Stock Market
- 05:10: On Mental Health and Financial Health
- 07:26: Episode Break
- 09:15: Happiness is a Choice
- 10:22: 7 Tips to Nurture Happiness
- 15:16: On Happiness, Goals, and Success
Excerpts and Highlights:
Market sentiment is basically a qualitative measure of the attitude and the mood of investors.
Robert Prechter hypothesized that the subconscious sentiment of the public is the primary mover of stock prices.
Professor Sonja Lyubomirsky found out through experimental studies that happiness can, in fact, lead to success.
It’s important to learn how to take care of ourselves during this time and focus on our sense of well-being.
According to a study, roughly 40 percent of our happiness is within our control.
Take care of your mental health, nurture your sense of well-being, learn the habits that will help you become happier; and for sure, financial success will come your way.
Links and Works Cited:
- Ong, Henry. (2020). Can pop culture predict a stock market crash?. Business Inquirer
- Gregoire, Carolyn. (2013). This Is Scientific Proof That Happiness Is A Choice. The Huffington Post.
- Davidson, Richard J. (2008). Buddha’s Brain: Neuroplasticity and Meditation. National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Lyubomirsky, S., King, L. & Diener, E. (2005) The benefits of frequent positive affect: Does happiness lead to success? Psychological Bulletin.
- Sansone, R. A., & Sansone, L. A. (2010). Gratitude and Well Being: The Benefits of Appreciation. Psychiatry (Edgmont)
Ask me a question for the podcast: Send a voice message here.
Nice blog! Thanks for sharing such wonderful post. Keep writing and sharing.
The lockdows and multiple extensions this year were certainly devastating for people worldwide. While we had our three local business ventures shuttered due to the pandemic, we also experienced great joy working together as a family to use our resources wisely. Our home tutoring of the troops has mushroomed into all out home-schooling for two of the brood. Much of the free time was spent reviewing our business operations and improvements were made that have now been rolled out. While we did as much as we could and then a bit more to help others we also cared for our health with wonderful and healthy food and plenty of immune system boosting supplements. So far, none of us were infected and we do know of a situation where we were in close proximity to an infected individual who should have self quarantined but chose not to so for some selfish reason. 2020 has been a strange and surreal experience that we hope not top repeat. Through it all we had great joy as we worked our on-line income sources, developed new opportunities for after the lockdown, helped others in great need and built a stronger family relationship.
[…] For the show notes, visit my blog post here. […]