Updated: September 15, 2020
Listen to Episode 36:
Invest and trade global markets: Sign up for eToro here and check out Copytrader, which allows you to copy other successful traders on eToro and automate your investing or trading.
Are you a podcaster? Use 80PERCENT as referral code when you sign up for Podmetrics here and receive a FREE gift from me, an eBook on how to make money from podcasting.
Episode 36 Chapters:
- 00:53: Market Sentiment Analysis
- 01:53: The Stock Market and the Pandemic
- 02:48: Pop Culture and The Stock Market
- 05:10: On Mental Health and Financial Health
- 07:26: Episode Break
- 09:15: Happiness is a Choice
- 10:22: 7 Tips to Nurture Happiness
- 15:16: On Happiness, Goals, and Success
Excerpts and Highlights:
Market sentiment is basically a qualitative measure of the attitude and the mood of investors.
Robert Prechter hypothesized that the subconscious sentiment of the public is the primary mover of stock prices.
Professor Sonja Lyubomirsky found out through experimental studies that happiness can, in fact, lead to success.
It’s important to learn how to take care of ourselves during this time and focus on our sense of well-being.
According to a study, roughly 40 percent of our happiness is within our control.
Take care of your mental health, nurture your sense of well-being, learn the habits that will help you become happier; and for sure, financial success will come your way.
Links and Works Cited:
- Ong, Henry. (2020). Can pop culture predict a stock market crash?. Business Inquirer
- Gregoire, Carolyn. (2013). This Is Scientific Proof That Happiness Is A Choice. The Huffington Post.
- Davidson, Richard J. (2008). Buddha’s Brain: Neuroplasticity and Meditation. National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Lyubomirsky, S., King, L. & Diener, E. (2005) The benefits of frequent positive affect: Does happiness lead to success? Psychological Bulletin.
- Sansone, R. A., & Sansone, L. A. (2010). Gratitude and Well Being: The Benefits of Appreciation. Psychiatry (Edgmont)
Ask me a question for the podcast: Send a voice message here.