Updated: November 27, 2023
Listen to this episode:
Are you looking for a passive way to earn from forex trading,? Check out Izanagi. Learn more at bit.ly/openizanagi.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
Healing your inner child is something I always see online. Often, it’s used as a justification for an impulse or non-essential purchase.
In this episode, I explored the concept of healing your inner child and how it can positively impact your finances. I provided insights and practical tips on embracing your inner child, nurturing its needs, and ultimately creating a healthier financial relationship with yourself.
Your inner child represents your past self’s emotional and psychological aspects, typically from childhood to adolescence. This inner child contains memories, experiences, and emotions that influence your adult behaviors and choices.
How to reconnect with your inner child:
- Reflect on childhood memories.
- Journal your thoughts.
- Practice mindfulness.
How to nurture and heal your inner child:
- Seek Therapy or Counseling
- Creative Expression
Four things you should keep in mind:
- By healing your inner child, you can reduce the need for retail therapy and make more mindful choices when it comes to spending.
- Consider your inner child’s needs for fun and play when creating a budget.
- Define clear financial goals that align with your inner child’s desires and aspirations.
- Healing your inner child can help you build emotional resilience, making you better equipped to deal with financial setbacks and challenges.
Highlights and Excerpts
Just as our adult selves have needs, our inner child also has emotional needs that require attention. These unmet emotional needs can lead to self-sabotage, impulsive spending, and unhealthy financial behaviors.
Keep a journal to record your emotions, thoughts, and reflections about your childhood experiences. This can help you identify past wounds and areas that need healing.
If you’ve experienced significant childhood traumas or unresolved issues, seeking professional therapy or counseling might be helpful. A trained therapist can guide you through the healing process.
Nurturing and healing your inner child can lead to positive changes in your personal finances. By acknowledging the emotional influences from your past, you can make more informed, balanced, and compassionate financial decisions.
Follow The 80 Percent Podcast:
Ask me a question for the podcast: Send a voice message here.