What’s the first thing you need to have before starting a business?
Is it the money to invest? Or is it a profitable business idea? A great product perhaps?
The short answer is NO.
If it is not the capital nor a sound business plan nor a useful invention, then what is it that you need to have first if you want to start your own business? The answer is an entrepreneurial spirit.
Preparing yourself mentally for this new chapter in your life is one of the most crucial tasks that you need to accomplish. Many business starters fail at their endeavors not because they failed to properly seize opportunities, but simply because they failed to shift their philosophies and beliefs and still carried the mindset of an employee.
If you think you’re ready to become an entrepreneur, then check yourself against the following questions and see if you are truly ready to be rich:
- Am I ready to take calculated risks, experiment, make mistakes and learn new things?
- Do I accept full accountability for everything that has happened and will happen in my life?
- Am I ready to work hard and finish everything that I set out to do?
- Do I keep my promises and value my word?
- Am I systematic and try to keep things in proper order?
- Do I believe that great wealth takes time to build and does not come instantly?
- Am I optimistic about life and always seek out the best in people?
- Do I have the skills to find a problem and turn it into opportunities?
- Am I willing to stop complaining about the problems of the world and start to become an active part of the solution?
- Do I know the true value of financial freedom in my life?
Entrepreneurs are made, never born. They are creative, innovative, systematic and efficient problem solvers. Money naturally follow them because they do not actively seek it; they would rather focus their time in finding solutions and opportunities to share with others. They value discipline, perseverance and hard work while keeping a healthy perspective on life. Lastly, they understand that wealth creation is a steadfast progression of learning and giving service to the world.
Don’t miss posts like this in the future, subscribe to Ready To Be Rich.
Photo courtesy of PixelFixer
SELECT AN ARTICLE TO READ NEXT BELOW: