A couple of weeks ago, I got the chance to meet Ms. Eireen Diokno-Bernardo, a Filipino eBay PowerSeller who has been selling items on eBay for the past ten years.
In that span of time, she has not only become a multi-millionaire, but more importantly, was able to build an online home-based business that continues to make money for her until now.
I know what you’re thinking right now… what is she selling on eBay?
Could you make a few guesses in your head?
Right now, she sells apparels, artworks, collectibles, memorabilia, portraiture, musical instruments and much more. She is particularly focused on Filipino items because she believes that our art and culture is something that we should be proud of and share to the world.
Now can you guess what was the first item that she tried to sell on eBay ten years ago?
It was antique soda bottles – a truckload of it which her husband, who had just been laid off from work, found in Bulacan. Yup, soda bottles which the Americans brought to the country during WWII. They were just lying around like trash in a store when her husband saw its potential as a collectible item.
But we’re not here to talk about Ms. Eireen’s success nor about Filipino art, history and culture. We’re here to learn what are the best things to sell on eBay – the top items that you can sell on eBay easily.
I’ve done a bit of research and according to my findings, these are the top items that sell on eBay, in no particular order:
- Books – specially old books, second-hand textbooks and collectible editions
- Clothing and Fashion – such as watches, jewelry, bags and other accessories
- Music and Movie DVD’s and CD’s – specially hard to find titles
- Antiques and Collectibles – toys, sports cards, coins, memorabilia and other vintage items
- Artworks – all mediums but most specially paintings
- Consumer Electronics – portable gaming modules, cellular phones and other gadgets
- Seasonal In-Demand Items – like event or concert tickets, Halloween costumes and others
There are others who have likewise found success in selling cars (yes, cars!), real estate, health supplements, machinery and equipment parts and many other stuff. But in general, the list above covers the best stuff you can sell.
Ready to sell your items to the world?
You have to remember though that it’s important to know the appropriate restrictions when it comes to selling and more particularly, shipping your items to your buyer.
For example, selling pirated DVD’s is obviously not allowed. Also, it’s okay to sell diet pills and supplements on eBay but it may be difficult to ship them to your buyer due to courier and Customs drug regulations.
In the end, what’s important to know is that someone’s junk may be someone else’s treasure. So don’t limit yourself to the best selling items above. Look around and maybe you’ll find your own “antique soda bottles” that will start your way to becoming a millionaire.
Before I end, let me share with you two articles that I believe is worth reading if you’re really interested in learning how to make money by selling things online, not just on eBay:
- A Beginner’s Guide To Selling In Online Classified Ads and Auction Sites: this one is a must read
- How To Make Money From Toy Collectibles: a feature post on toy collectibles, one of the best things to sell online
And that’s it! Thanks for taking the time to read all of it. And as a reward, I’ll give you this bonus tip on how to know what are the best things to sell on eBay: here you go.
Did you like this article? I hope you did like it so much that you’ll consider subscribing to Ready To Be Rich so you can be sure to get more free helpful articles like this in the future.