Last weekend, I was invited by the Carl Duisberg Association of the Philippines to speak about the different types of internet businesses.
I shared with them the various ways I make money online and taught them how they can also start and earn from the internet.
This event allowed me to spend some time with the association’s members, alumni and scholars, who were all eager to learn about making money online.
During my talk, most of them were surprised to discover that such online income opportunities exist and was amazed to learn how much can one earn from the internet today.
I told them that making money online is still a relatively new concept for Pinoys but the idea is slowly spreading. More and more people are realizing that the internet can be more than just a source of information and entertainment but a potentially great source of income as well.
Personally, I believe that starting and running an internet business is not very hard but it does take a lot of focus and patience. One needs to commit and be open to new ideas. You must be diligent, specially when it comes to learning the technical side of it, and more importantly, you need to have the interest and passion for your chosen niche.
Anyway, I’d like to share with you the different types of internet businesses that I discussed with them that afternoon. I hope you will find this list interesting and motivate you to try a few of them. Who knows, you could end up as one of those internet millionaires we often read about.
The Different Types of Internet Businesses
- Web designing which includes developing custom themes and layouts for various online sites.
- Web hosting and reselling webhosting packages.
- Developing internet applications and other online software.
- Sellling in online auctions and internet classifieds.
- Doing affiliate marketing.
- Parking and selling domain names.
- Buying, developing and selling websites.
- Putting up personal online stores.
- Running online games such as MMORPG’s
- Providing online services such as a classified ads network, webinars, internet courses and consultation.
- Establishing online communities such as forums, dating and social networking websites.
- Producing content websites such as directories, news and information portals.
- Establishing an online presence to support offline or brick & mortar businesses.
- And of course, my favorite – blogging.
Did I miss anything? Feel free to add more and share it as a comment below.
Lastly, I’d like to extend my gratitude to the InWent – Internationale Weiterbildung und Entwicklung gGmbH and Carl Duisberg Association of the Philippines for having me as one of their resource speakers. I hope to see you guys again.
If you want to learn more ways on how you can make money online and offline, please subscribe to Ready To Be Rich.
Select What To Read Next: