On Thanksgiving, Blogging and Personal Finance
This article is posted under Blog Announcements, Personal Finance.
I’ve been awfully busy these past few days that it’s only yesterday that I realized that this blog had just become another year older last November 22nd.
It was two years ago, in 2007, when I started Ready To Be Rich and I can’t help but be happy and grateful of how much it has grown.
And that’s why I would like to thank everyone today, specially the subscribers, for the support they’ve given to me and this blog.
Moreover, I would like to thank all of those who have expressed their gratitude and appreciation for my blog through email. Your words give me joy and truly inspires me to write more.
And to all those asked for financial advice or sought clarification on the topics I’ve posted, I thank you for trusting my knowledge and judgment. I’m glad I was able to help in my own little way.
I am likewise grateful that you were all patient enough to wait for my reply – I do promise to work on my “response time” and be more prompt.
A lot of things has changed in my life ever since I started writing this online journal. Not only has it allowed me to pay it forward but it has also given me a lot of opportunities to earn and learn – indeed, there is truth to the saying: Give and you shall receive.
And for the past couple of years, as I share with you my experiences and the lessons I’ve learned in my journey towards financial freedom, I know that some of you have also started your own journey.
That’s why beginning today, I’m adding another section here where you can TELL YOUR STORY.
This is an opportunity for you to share your thoughts, personal anecdotes and life lessons which you’ve learned in your journey.
I encourage you to likewise pay it forward.
Lastly, I’d like to give props to some personal finance blogs out there which are all doing a great job at educating their readers:
- Financial Samurai – a blog written by someone who has actually “been there and done that”. Read his About page and you’ll see what I mean.
- Frugal Pinoy – Celine is currently doing her 25 Days to Healthier Finances series, check it out and you’ll surely pick up a lot of good pointers.
- Millionaire Acts – Tyrone just celebrated his blog anniversary as well, browse through his archives and you’ll learn a lot of investing tips.
- Rich Money Habits – This site started as a personal and an occasional videoke singing blog . But now, Allan mainly writes about personal finance. Check it out and read his interesting articles.
- Tipid Squad – It’s barely a month old and doesn’t even have an About page yet but I know some of the people behind this blog and I believe this site has a lot of potential.
I guess that’s it for now. I’ll do my best to polish all the drafts I’ve written so I can give you more posts here in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, I hope you do subscribe to Ready To Be Rich and come along with me for another year of learning and sharing.
Choose the next article that you want to read:
MB Blog-O-Rama: Prosperity Secrets at Ready To Be Rich
Last May 11, this blog was featured in Manila Bulletin’s Blog-O-Rama. Blog-O-Rama is a regular section in the newspaper which features bloggers in the Philippines. So if you’re interested in learning more about blogging, then I suggest you read this column often. Anyway, for those who missed the article, here’s some of the questions that was...
The Top Ten Blog Posts of 2011
As another year ends this week, let me count down for you the top ten posts of 2011 here in Ready To Be Rich. These are the blog posts which made the biggest impact to the readers and visitors of this site for the year that’s passed. These are not just those with the most...