Feng Shui Tips For Business Luck and Success
This article is posted under Business, General Information.
Do you believe in feng shui? In my many encounters with various entrepreneurs and business owners, I’ve noticed that most of them believe in feng shui.
They each have their own rituals, practices and beliefs on how feng shui can bring good luck, wealth and success to their businesses.
Living in a country where most of the richest families are Chinese businessmen and women, it’s hard for small business owners and entrepreneurs to discount the possibility that feng shui played a major role in their success. What do you think?
For those not familiar and want to know what feng shui is, here’s what Wikipedia has to say:
Feng shui (pronounced fehng-shway in English) is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics believed to utilize the Laws of both heaven (astronomy) and Earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive Qi.
The words feng shui literally translate as “wind-water” in English. This is a cultural shorthand taken from the following passage of the Zhangshu (Book of Burial) by Guo Pu of the Jin Dynasty.
Many modern enthusiasts claim that feng shui is the practice of arranging objects (such as furniture) to help people achieve their goals.
Personally, I’m not a big fan of feng shui but I do practice it whenever it is practical. This means that if a feng shui tip makes pragmatic sense, easy to do or inexpensive to implement, then there’s nothing wrong with “calling good luck” to your side.
Anyway, I was strolling along Bonifacio High Street in Taguig City yesterday when I came across the store, World of Feng Shui. The store looked very interesting from the outside. After looking at their window displays and seeing that the staff was not really busy, I decided to go inside and see if I could get some free feng shui tips for business luck and success.
The staff was quite friendly. She gave a brief explanation of the items in the store and likewise gave me some business feng shui tips. Here are the ones that I remembered:
- Your business entrance should have a strong flow of feng shui energy, which means the outside should be clean, well-lit and your store business name is clear, noticeable and easy to read.
- You should have a good flow of energy inside. Practically, this means that your store should not feel cramped. It should be comfortable to stay inside and easy for customers to walk and go around in.
- Your cash register should be placed diagonally from the entrance because this is believed to be a powerful feng shui spot.
- Your desk or work space should not be cluttered. Keep it clean everyday and for good luck, put a plant or a family picture in a wood frame on it.
- Speaking of plants, it’s always best to have live plants and flowers in your office or place of business. If this is not possible, then a plastic plant is okay as long as it looks flourishing and you keep it dust-free.
What about you? Do you know any feng shui tips that can bring good luck to a business, retail store or office? Please share them below and let’s have a discussion about this. I’m sure other people will be interested to know.
If you want to receive more tips on how to build a successful business, then please subscribe to Ready To Be Rich.
Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. “Feng Shui“. 21 January 2009.
Choose the next article that you want to read:
Six Business Lessons From Gardenia Philippines
Early this month, I was invited to attend a Bloggers Plant Tour of Gardenia Philippines in LIIP Mamplasan, Biñan, Laguna. Remembering how I’ve always enjoyed “field trips” back in elementary, I did not hesitate to confirm my attendance to the event. I’m glad I did because I was not disappointed. I felt like a kid...
How To Increase Your Chances of Winning The Lotto
I received a text message from my mother recently. She said that the Chinese New Year is near and my Feng Shui horoscope says that I’m going to be very lucky financially in the coming Year of The Rat. I’m not a superstitious person and I always take such predictions with a grain of...